PLS is proud to be sponsoring the following events at the 2008 Kansas Library Conference:
- Pathways to Positive Relations with Toni Boyles: April 10 at 4 p.m.
- Follow Toni Boyle’s pathway to positive relationships in the workplace. Suggestions and pointers for managers and middle managers will help everyday situations when dealing with staff and the public. How to turn toxic attitudes into positive relationships will be offered. Have a problem in your library? Let Toni help you come to a positive solution.
- Humor in the Workplace, Jest for the Health of It with Toni Boyles: April 11 at 8 a.m. at the PLS Business Meeting and Breakfast ($5)
- Good humor is defined as a general sense of being alive — a developed perspective, an attitude that allows for a sense of control in this often maddening, change racked world. Humor skills, therefore, are a vital component in a healthy, adaptable and creative work place. The intent is not to teach you how to tell jokes but to offer you the skills and tools necessary to develop your “Humor Perspective.”
- PLS Breakfast and Business Meeting with Toni Boyles: April 11 at 8 a.m. ($5)
- Annual membership business meeting of the PLS of KLA. Meeting includes breakfast, announcement of 2008-2009 officers and Toni Boyles humor workshop.