Intended Audience: Those leading or participating in projects as well as those assigning projects to others
If you’re involved in anyway with a project now, or if you may be in the future, this workshop is for you! The kind of project doesn’t matter – it could be bringing up a new ILS, shifting the stacks, redesigning library services, facilities or organizations, doing a serials reduction process, moving the library, weeding the collections, or anyone of a thousand possible library projects.
You’ll learn practical tips and ideas to help ensure your success – and sanity – during projects. Find out what really matters for project success, and how you can most easily accomplish your project goals.
Workshop goals include:
- Identify how & why projects differ from other work
- Define key elements of all projects
- Understand the following:
- Tools that might assist you
- The importance of timelines
- The three major variables of projects
- Why it is necessary to compromise on at least one of the key variables
- How to establish realistic expectations for projects
- Identify what already works well for you & what does not work for you
- Have a good time while learning